How to Contend For The Faith
Bible Study: How to Contend For The Faith
“contending for the faith” means a continuous struggle against sin (i.e activities of the flesh) and wicket people in order to live according to God original plan for man on earth so as to find rest in heaven and on earth on the last day. Hence, contending for the faith becomes necessary for us to survive a holy life and do away with all forms of the works of flesh (Gal.5:19-21); and to attain to eternity; and finally find rest from all struggle of life and wicket people.
1. Outline and briefly discuss the strategies of How to Contend For The Faith from the following Bible characters:
- Joseph: Gen. 37:2, 13-14, 39:1-2, 6-12
- David: I sam. 17:26, 31-50, 30;1, 6-8, 18-19.
- Daniel: Dan. 1:8,19-20.
- Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego; Dan. 3:14-27
- Paul and Silas; Acts 16:16-40
- Stephen; Acts 7:1-3, 51-60.
- Peter and John: Acts 4:1-4, 8-31.
- Jesus; matt 4:1-11, Luke 23:32-34.
2. Discuss the following fundamentals for contending for the faith.
- Faith through repentance; John 1:12, Rom. 10:9, I John 1:9.
- The Holy Spirit; John 14:26-27, Gal. 5:16-18.
- The word of God: Jer. 23:29, I peter 2:2, John 1:8, Psalm 119:9-10.
- Prayer: matt. 26:41, I Thess. 5:17.
- Spiritual maturity: II peter 3:18, Jude 20, Heb. 6:1-5.
(a) What are the dangers of not contending for the faith? Rev. 21:8, II Tim 4:10, Prov. 21:16.
(b) What are the benefits of contending for the faith? Matt. 24:12, Phil 2:9-11, Heb. 12:1-3.
CONCLUSION of How to Contend For The Faith
To contend for the faith therefore become necessary as Jesus said “strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many I say to you will seek to enter but will not be able” (Luke 13:24). May His grace be made available as we contend for the faith. In Jesus Name Amen.